Tuesday, April 3, 2018

New Figure Storage

I've never had a way to store my figure collection that could be easily viewed while gaming. My uncle uses some store display cabinets in his game space that I've always been very envious of. They can be seen in the background of this photo.  I've been looking for something similar, but to date have been unable to put my hands on any similar store displays. My solution - go with some off-the-shelf glass front book cases from Ikea. These are their REGISSÖR glass front cabinets. I picked them up on sale, but they were still a significant investment of money and took about five hours to assemble and install.

I'm still trying to decide if I need to put some lighting inside them. Before I received and installed these I was considering LED strip lighting on the underside of the shelves. After seeing them with my room's daylight spectrum fluorescent lighting they may have just enough ambient light to not necessitate the additional lighting. Until I decide I'm going to hold off on filling these with figures. If I decide to add the lighting I'll need to empty them. I'm trying to not have to do that.







7 comments:

The Kiwi said...

Very nice cabinets.

Old Nick said...

Wow! Those are outstanding. Cannot wait to see your collection displayed in them in all their glory.

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

...can you buy additional shelves separately as well?

I'd put lights in... 12v LED strip lighting is very cheap, and nice and bright...

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Reply to Steve: The shelves are simple enough that I think I can probably make additional ones myself.

Thanks for the encouragement to put in the LED strips.

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

NP AJ.. Put some in my boat over the winter.. amazed how bright they were.. and how cheap...

Ed M said...

Excellent hobby enhancement. Good to see it working out as envisioned.

Mark Decoteau said...

AJ,

These look awesome! I was just looking at something similar this week. This is a great option. I can't wait to see them in person. The LED strips would be prefect for lighting I think.

Mark