Tuesday, January 19, 2021

New Hobby Room - Construction Begins

I've recently relocated to a new home now that I'm single again. When picking the home I prioritized getting something with an area I could dedicated to a painting studio and wargaming room. My old place had a finished basement family room and a 'bonus' room that I converted for this purpose. I wanted something similar. What I found was a nice home with a completely unfinished basement, but one with high ceilings and full-sized windows. This first photo is where the game table will be.

These are photos of the project after two days of work by the carpenters. The walls are lined with rigid foam insulation as a heat and vapor barrier. This is a necessary step here in New Hampshire where that concrete is below freezing part of the year. The room will eventually have a hung ceiling to allow for access to mechanical functions. 

The space will feature a generous area for a 6'x12' table, with a side area for my painting studio and display cases. I'm hoping to have it all finished in time for the flurry of gaming we all hope to do as vaccinations become the norm. This final photo looks into the painting studio area.




4 comments:

Codsticker said...

I am little bit jealous- that looks to be very nice when it is done.

Ed M said...

Before the drywall goes up, remember to put one dice (six facing up) in each corner to ward off bad mojo!

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Ohhh that's a good idea Ed! Or ones on the side of the table I won't play on much....

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Already looking good as one can see some of the direction it's going.

Christopher