Thursday, July 4, 2024

28mm German WWII Gebirgsjäger

These are mostly Warlord figures with a smattering of other figures from my dead lead box. With my recent completion of my Finnish army, I'm looking to play more historical games representing fighting during the Lapland war. The German army in northern Finland contained a large number of Gebirgsjäger. They likely were sent there due to their cold weather training and ability to ski. 

These figures are the second installment for me to augment my German army for the Lapland war. The first being my captured French H-35 tank. Many of which were used in Finland right through the end of the Lapland war. 

The only complaint I have with the Warlord figures are with the MG-34 gunner. His arm blocks the ammo belt feed orifice. This makes a realistic positioning of the ammo belt impossible. I've done my best to make it look as good as possible.  Other than this minor gripe, these figures are fabulous. They're properly equipped, unique and well sculpted.

 

I leveraged the strength of Vallejo's new wave of Xpress color 'contrast' style paints. The canvas jackets use Khaki Drill. The German field grey pants, caps and jackets are two parts grey, one part green Xpress color with a touch of model color field grey for opaqueness. 

Xpress colors were also used on the packs, ropes gaiters and my favorite 'Dwarf Flesh' for the faces and hands. I may paint more Gebirgsjäger in the future, but as of now I haven't acquired any additional figures for them yet.

2 comments:

Matt Crump said...

Nicely done 👍

Donnie McGibbon said...

Very nicely done, really good work on them.