Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Roman Legion

This is another Roman legion I purchased off of Ebay from an overseas figure painting service. The hand-painted white shields and white tunics are a stark contrast to most of my legions which wear red tunics and carry mostly red shields. I'm hoping to be able to use these figures to represent a lower-quality legion with lower morale. The eight stand unit will make two separate Field of Glory four-stand battle groups. All I'll have to do is paint up a four-stand velite unit (also in white tunics) and a two-stand triarii unit.

Although I don't always post units I buy that are already painted, I might start doing that more now that I'm showing an annual total of such figures on the listing on the left-hand side of this blog. I also wanted to show these because they're a good quality paint job and I was able to get them shipped to me at a total cost of only $1.50 per figure. I think that's quite a deal. If you're careful in watching the auctions there are still good deals to be had on Ebay even with the proliferation of overseas contract painters.

2 comments:

Beccas said...

They look good AJ. What searches do you use under ebay to find these painters?

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

painted 15mm usually. I scan it once a week to see if new items come up that interest me.