Sunday, May 20, 2018

28mm German WWII Recon Vehicles

Two more reconnaissance vehicles for my WWII German army. Left is an SdKfz 250/9 half track and on the right an SdKfz 222 armored car. These two with the SdKfz 222 I already had will make a three vehicle platoon. Both vehicles are Warlord resin models. They're mostly air brushed with brush painting for the detail work and weathered in Mig pigments.

The commander of the 222 is a conversion. I think he began life as the intended driver of my RSO, but I chose to leave the cabin details out of that model. He's been heavily modified to work here including repositioning his arm and re-sculpting his hand so he would look natural sitting in the turret with only one side of the hatch open. I'm nearing the end of my unpainted German vehicles. All that currently remains are a pair of Hetzers, that are currently sitting on the painting table in primer.