Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Gull Wing Z-95 Nashta Pup Conversion

Since acquiring a Hounds Tooth for my X-wing scum forces I've wanted to paint up a matching Z-95 for the Nastha Pup escape craft. There are some good tutorials on how to do it but I wanted to do something a bit different. It was my thinking that if a ship were to be carried in a hanger it would need folding wings. I wanted my pup to be gull-winged.

To accomplish this I used a jeweler's saw to under cut each wing at the root and bent them down, closing the newly-created saw kerf with some plastic cement. Then I added some winglets made from plastic card to complete the effect. I've re-painted it in my interpretation of the pup's color scheme. I left off the top beak 'teeth'. Even though the card art shows them, I didn't like the look of them on such a small model. This mod and re-paint took a couple of hours, but I feel it was well worth the time.











Here are some comparison shots with a stock Z-95 matching the one I modified to make the pup.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks great. Nice work.
Ralph

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Thanks Ralph!