Saturday, December 14, 2019

28mm French Napoleonic Marshals - Finished!

After posting several WIP posts about these, here they are, finished. The eight figures make up four brigadier general stands and two corps command stands. There are six Old Glory figures and two Perry. Now that they're mixed on the bases, you're hard pressed to tell the difference. I think Old Glory sometimes gets criticized unfairly by some wargamers. Sure, there are some exceptions, but in general I feel they're a high quality and very high value figure line.

I'm counting these as sixteen figures for my annual painting totals. Like all mounted figures I count the rider and horse separate. I feel this is justified since I paint them separate and mounted figures are twice as much work as foot.










4 comments:

Phil said...

Impressive and gorgeous marshals figures!

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Thank you so much Phil. They were fun to paint. I think that helps.

DeanM said...

Very impressive brushwork on these lovely figures, Allan! I see you even painted salt and pepper eyebrows! Wow!

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Thanks Dean!