Saturday, December 21, 2019

28mm Medieval Archers for Saga

This is a unit of twelve medieval archers for my Saga armies. They are Old Glory figures. I think these might be useful in just about any of the crusades era Saga armies as 'scouts', or in most as levy archers. I chose as many of the figures as I could from those I had with fur armor to hopefully also make these appropriate for use with my Eastern Princes army. Honestly they're so generic I think they'll even work in the Viking Saga universe. 

I painted these on stream in three sessions. One of the good things about recording all your painting is that you get accurate time information about your painting. These figures took 7 hours and 35 minutes to paint, not including cleaning, priming and basing. Call it 8 1/2 hours total, bag to tabletop. I'm quite happy with the quality considering I'm into the unit for 45 minutes per figure! I'm not 100% sure what's up next on the painting table. After all of the holiday parties and family activities I'll sit down and see what strikes my fancy.  Until then, I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas, or other winter solstice holiday.







3 comments:

DeanM said...

Great looking archers. I'm sure they'll be formidable on the battlefield.

Phil said...

Lovely archers, nice diversity and great paint job!

Matt Crump said...

Good looking unit....always need more archers !