Wednesday, February 18, 2015

28mm Roman Triarii and Velites

These are the first figures for my 28mm Roman army. The figures are all Old Glory figures painted by myself. I will be doing at least 4 legions, probably more. The first three legions will have red, white and tan shields as shown in the three Triarii units. Each legion needs one unit of Triarii, and two units of Velites. These figures represent all but one stand of Velites and Triarii for my first three legions.

It's been snowing constantly and very gray here so these are indoor photos without any natural light. Sorry for the poor contrast due to the flash and fluorescent lighting. Next up on the table is a unit of Spanish Caetrati skirmishers that I forgot to paint for my Carthaginian army. After those I'm actually painting up some additional Carthaginian figures for recently completed units in order to facilitate re-basing my figures for Hanibal at the Gates.

You may notice the rear of these stands have magnetic strips affixed to them. These will eventually hold magnetic stand labels. These are my first completed figures of 2015; 30 figures in all.




2 comments:

DeanM said...

Great looking Romans, Allan. At first I thought it was one of the new plastic sets - but am impressed at how good OG holds up still.

Phil said...

Nice job, beautiful Romans!