Monday, January 23, 2017

Too Much WIP

You ever get half way into a large project and realize that it would have been a lot wiser to split it up into two or three smaller projects? I'm there right now. I've committed the all too common offense of having too much work in progress (WIP) on my painting table at one time.  Here you can see seven (7) different German WWII vehicles, a German AA gun, and four French Napoleonic artillery pieces with artillerists and crews for all of them.  In truth, doing all these WWII vehicles at once has afforded me a large amount of economy of scale. The problem is it also means no completed models have been posted to this blog in quite a while.

When they do get finished, there will be a smorgasbord of goodies to post. In hindsight, I probably should have finished the French artillery before starting this batch of armor. I also would have been better served splitting the armor up into two or three smaller batches. I'll keep plugging away at it. I'm pretty excited about some of the vehicles in this next batch as there are a couple of conversions in it including one vehicle conversion that uses magnets to be able to transform into two different AFVs. For the curious, in the group of vehicles are a Kubelwagon, an RSO, an RSO Pak-40, an SdKfz 250 half track, a Flakpanzer 38 (t), a Panzer II Luchs, a Stug IIIg and a Wirbelwind.


1 comment:

Duc de Gobin said...

Oh I know all about too much WIP. I have entire periods that I haven't even started yet, even though there is a pile of lead/plastic taking up space.

I feel your pain :)