Friday, February 17, 2017

28mm German WWII Motorcycle and MG-42 Team

These are two more teams I've recently finished for my 28mm WWII skirmish army. I'm not 100% positive of the manufacturer of the motorcycle, but I believe it is from Artisan. The MG-42 team is from Warlord. I was afraid that during use the motorcycle and the sidecar would eventually break away from each other so I mounted them on a small base to hopefully increase the piece's durability.

While most of my German armor is in dunkelgelb, I opted for panzer grey for this piece. My thoughts are I may use it as a feldpolizei patrol, a scout or a messenger. Several of those are quite likely to have not re-painted the cycle in dunkelgelb.  The MG-42 team was based among some fairly substantial ground cover as I felt that made the most sense.

Next up on the painting table are some more British WWII weapons teams and infantry. My current push is to finish up my German WWII army which is about 90% done. After that the British, which are about 75% done will be finished. My reward for finishing these two will be starting either my American or Finnish WWII armies. Hopefully with those I'll be smart enough not to try to work on both at the same time.





7 comments:

Phil said...

Very nice looking vignettes, great job!

Adler Hobby & Board Game Cafe said...

Very nice

Dannoc said...

They look great.

Rodger said...

Very nice indeed!

Mark Decoteau said...

These are excellent, AJ! I am starting my German Army now also.

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Mark, careful, they're addictive!

Hobbyworker said...

Great work on the motocycle team!