Sunday, April 19, 2020

28mm Finnish Ski Patrol

These are the Finnish ski patrol scouts from the Warlord Games Finnish infantry boxed set. I've chosen to mount them on 25mm wide oval bases to protect the skis. After mounting them up the bases looked too white so the viewer that requested these on my Twitch.tv stream suggested edging the bases in grey and adding some non-white components. I added my pre-made rocks and some bushes and foliage clumps. All three were topped with fake snow made from PVA glue and micro-balloons. After drying the micro-balloon and PVA mixture was dry-brushed white.

I am particularly happy with the shading of the white jumpsuits on these figures. They were base-coated including all shading with my airbrush. Painting the remaining details with a brush was a relatively quick job. I'm looking forward to increasing my skill with the airbrush in hopes of finding more shortcuts like this in the future.



4 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Excellent brushwork AJ!

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Agreed. They might almost be serviceable as WWII-era Norwegian commandos. I'm thinking of Kirk Douglas, Richard Harris, and others in The Heroes of Telemark of course. But they do look awfully good.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Jim Jackaman said...

Those are great!

DeanM said...

Wow! Very cool, Allan. Unique and excellently painted and based.