Saturday, September 24, 2011

WIP - Pirate Ship (2)

I've made some additional progress on my Pirate ship. I've added the rear upper deck and railings and a cabin wall and door. The masts have been assembled using hardware I made out of 1/32" plywood. I've even added some crows nests. I'm not sure I'm happy with the height of the masts. They're not glued in (may never bee to aid in transportation) so if I want to re-do them I only have to laser up some more rigging hardware and cut up some more dowels.

Next step is to get together with my Uncle who's been assembling and painting some Old Glory pirate boats. I want to compare my mast layouts to what he's using before I start finishing the paint on this.




3 comments:

Rodger said...

Looks awesome AJ. Can't wait to see it painted.

AdamC1776 said...

That is very impressive.

Mike said...

Too cool. This is a wonderful model.