Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Royal Deux-Ponts Infantry Regiment (2)

Long-time followers of this blog will probably note that I posted my first Royal Deux-Ponts Infantry regiment way back in September of 2008.  When I saw this unit for sale on Ebay it was so beautifully painted I couldn't resist. Also the officer was an added temptation since I need more French officers badly for my Gloucester Point scenario. That scenario also features a very large French regiment that in wing scale requires that  I represent it using two separate regiments. Obtaining this second unit of Royal Deux-Ponts figures will allow me to field that large regiment using these figures. Yes, they'll be pretending they're another regiment, but at least they'll all be wearing the same uniform. This will also free up the non-matching unit for use elsewhere in the scenario.

I'm unsure of the manufacturer of the figures, but the person whom I purchased them from did a splendid job of painting them. They've been re-based using my standard Volley & Bayonet basing methods.





4 comments:

AdamC1776 said...

Nice AJ I especially like the officer consulting the rule book :)

Ray Rousell said...

Beautiful painting Allan! They make a nice change to all the usual French white coats!

Phil said...

Wonderful colors, great looking units!

Giles said...

Those are Perry figures, AJ. You've done them proud - this has to be one of the most colourful units of the AWI. Great stuff!

Best wishes

Giles