Friday, March 23, 2012

WIP Armoured Rocket Launcher Battery

On the day after Battlefront announces their new boxed set with sexy terrained bases and new models, I've finished up painting the vehicle models for my Armoured Rocket Battery using their single-model blister packs. Although the models are finished, the platoon is still a work in progress (WIP) as I still have to paint up the 20 optional 'extra crew' and mount the crew on a terrained base that these Panzerwerfer 42s can sit on. The extra crews allow each model to count as two when calculating the size of the battery. This will allow these four armoured rocket launchers to use a double width bombardment template.

I chose these as the artillery option for my Panzerkompanie as I felt they kept to the theme of the company better than infantry nebelwerfers or standard LeFh18 10.5 cm artillery pieces. Finishing up the extra crew is in the queue on my painting table behind the dismounts for my Aufklärungs platoon and my Panzer Scout platoon which I've just stated working on simultaneously. If I'm lucky maybe I'll finish them sometime next week.



1 comment:

Ray Rousell said...

Great work again Alan!!!