Monday, May 4, 2009

American and French Officers

I needed some additional wing commanders for the Yorktown game I put on last month (see my earlier post for an after action report of the game). Yorktown is a large battle with multiple American and one French wings. I had many brigade commanders, which in V&B are represented by a single mounted officer, but only one army/wing commander, with the obligitory General George Washington on it. For the game I painted up these two American and one French command stands in a couple of evenings, one to paint the figures, and one to base and flock the stands.

The figures are a mix of American and British mounted comanders by Old Glory. I chose to use the 'standard' late war continental uniforms for the American generals and tried to use the more 'flamboyant' poses for the French officers. I hadn't posted any of my painting recently and I didn't want everyone to think I'd stopped painting just because I've been playing so many games.

In a future post I'm going to show my 15mm ACW re-basing project that I'm about half way through. I'm changing from Fire & Fury to Volley & Bayonet for this army.

1 comment:

Giles said...

I missed these, somehow. Great figures, AJ. I particularly like the way you've done the French ones.

Best wishes

Giles