Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Donald Frey - WWII Veteran and American Innovator

I was saddened to hear that WWII veteran and lead designer for the original Ford Mustang, Donald Frey passed away today. I've owned six Ford Mustangs, and for me they're still one of the best American cars made and one of the reasons Ford Motor Company has weathered the current economic turbulence without needing a government bail-out loan like so many of the other US auto manufacturers have. Tonight I'm raising my glass to you Mr. Frey. Thank you for your service to our country in WWII, and thank you for your contribution to our American culture. Your legacy will surely live on for many years to come.

More information about Donald Frey can be found by following these links: AutoWeek.com, Los Angeles Times or Mustang Monthly Magazine.

No comments: