Wednesday, August 25, 2010

15mm Paint Shack Commission (2)

Kent over at the 15mm Paint Shack has posted another update on the commission job he's doing for me with photos of second completed pike block. I asked Kent for this block to look like less affluent working men with unbleached linen armor and plain colored tunics. I also asked for white shield foregrounds with red Macedonian stars. He's matched my request to the letter and done a fantastic job with the figures. I'm very excited to get these on the table. For more photos see Kent's blog using either of the links above.


Overnight Kent posted the last unit of my commission to his blog: a unit of 12 Xystophoroi cavalry. They're for my Attilid Pergamene alllies for my Roman army, but may also serve in a pinch in other roles. With their smart purple tunics they can easily pose as other companion type heavy lancers.

I've been very impressed at the quality of Kent's painting, the high level of communication and the attention to detail he's put into this job in regards to following my requests for uniform colors, etc. Money very well spent in my opinion. My current WIP is a unit of 28mm AWI figures. I've been working 10-12 hour days at work lately, including weekends, so I haven't had much time to work on them, but I hope that will change soon.

No comments: