Sunday, August 21, 2011

Northern Conspiracy Game Night - August 2011

Last Friday night I was able to attend our monthly club game night. I played in an excellent war of 1812 game run by my friend Mark using Volley & Bayonet rules. Mark ran this game using the wing scale optional rules which really give V&B a different flavor. He also had several interesting scenario-specific rules. When I say I played, I actually helped two of my guests with the rules as neither had played Volley & Bayonet before. Both of them did great and the British eeked out a win, although the Americans made a strong push during the middle of the battle. Had they not run out of steam things would have gone a lot differently. Both sides played very well and the game was a lot of fun.


The other two games were a Ruso-Turkish War (1877) game also using Volley & Bayonet and a WWII Americans vs Vichi French in Morocco game using Battlefront rules. There are a couple of photos of each below and more can be found on our club's photo gallery.




2 comments:

Rodger said...

Very nice. I find that VnB rules are great for the bigger battles.

AdamC1776 said...

The Ruso-Turkish battle was a lot of fun at least if you were Russian. My Russian Cavalry did its job and held the pass behind the redout untill my infantry could come up. Lost two of three Cavalry brigades but it was a good trade in the end. Advanced weapons realy make it hard to close with your oppent especialy with low moral troops.