Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 Year In Review

2012 was another very good year for me and my wargaming hobby. Despite losing about two months of gaming time to having cervical fusion surgery (the Peyton Manning surgery I call it) I still was able to paint a lot of figures and play in a lot of great games. Top honors for my favorite unit painted this year has to go to my 15mm Flames of War Aufklärungs platoon shown to the left. Honorable mention goes to my 28mm Numidian light cavalry for Field of Glory.
Painting totals for 2012 are quite respectable for me:

  • 25/28mm Figures Painted: 62 - Mostly Pirates, but also includes twelve Old West Gunfighters and the above mentioned Numidian Cavalry
  • 15mm Figures Painted: 130 - Entirely Flames of War WWII both early and late war
  • Painted 15mm Vehicles: 32 - Again entirely Flames of War WWII - mostly late war
  • Terrain/Misc Created: 47- Mostly laser-cut items including templates and terrain bases. Most notable were my 28mm Pirate Boats.
  • Stands Re-based: 11

Non-Painting Totals for 2012:

  • Purchased Painted 15s: 295 - Mostly Ancients to complete my Seleucid army and start a Carthaginian army
  • Purchased 15mm Vehicles: 5 - Australian Bofors Battery and transports
  • Puchased Painted 28s: 33 - Two units of AWI Americans
  • Games Hosted: 5 - Down from last year mostly due to me missing two months due to my surgery
  • Games Played: 27 - More than two games a month - not bad for missing two months!
In the next day or two I'll post up a review of last year's goals and how I did and I'll set about setting some goals for the upcoming year.

4 comments:

Scott MacPhee said...

27 games! Wow! I maybe played in half a dozen. Thanks for writing your blog all year. I do not always comment, but I do always enjoy seeing your stuff.

Millsy said...

I'll second that. Thanks for sharing and good luck for 2013 mate.

adeptgamer said...

I'm jealous of so many games. I feel like I am fighting with the world to try to get one a month in!

Beccas said...

Great painting effort AJ. Now you have to top it in 2013.