Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Volley & Bayonet Wing Scale Napoleonics Play Test

Last Saturday my friend Ed (pictured left) hosted a play test of his house rule modifications for wing scale Napoleonic Volley & Bayonet. This is a project he and my friend Mark have been working on for the past couple of years on and off. The game was an 1813 scenario with a French advance guard meeting the lead elements of a Prussian army. Control of a valley (middle of the table) and the surrounding hills would determine victory.

My friend George was my opponent in the game. He played well and soundly thrashed me last time we played these rules. This game he played equally well, but the dice, while spotty, were with me in crucial times and allowed me to have a good day. My fellow Frenchman Peter (not photographed) played his flank equally well, supporting my center toe hold on the valley while thwarting the main Prussian attack on our right.

All in all the rules played even more smoothly this test and are coming along quite nicely. At the end of the game neither side wanted to stop playing because we were all having a great time. There's a short video below showing the nice tabletop including Ed's wonderful figures and Hots playing mat.



















No comments: