Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pirate Game Day 2014

Today the Northern Conspiracy got together for our annual Pirate game day. This year our host was Michael with his adaptation of the venerable Limeys and Slimeys rules aptly named Penguins and Pirates. We had a great turn out of 12 pirates, three of which were guests, two players running the government ships as well as two game masters: Michael as head GM and Paul as the Chancellor of the Exchequer. 

The day was fast paced, fun and exciting. We had plenty of ships sunk, scuttled and captured. I did well early fighting off a wolf pack of four pirates with my small merchantman sloop, but later on got run down by another wolf pack of pirates sending my boat to the bottom and leaving me penniless. Still a great day of gaming and my thanks go to Michael, Paul, and everyone who brought terrain, boats and a fun attitude. This was the last gaming event of my tenure as president of the club and I cannot think of any way to go out on a better note.  I hope my successor as president decides to bring pirate day back for a return next year.


















2 comments:

Ian said...

Looked great last year and this year looks as much fun

Ian

Adler Hobby & Board Game Cafe said...

Looks great Good to see everyone having fun - Gordon