Wednesday, February 15, 2017

28mm French Napoleonic Artillery

These are two sections of French Napoleonic artillery. All of the artillerists are Perry Brothers lead figures as are the left two guns. The right guns are Old Glory. All of the gun models are supposed to be 6 pound pieces, but as you can see, there is a noticeable size different in the barrels. My plan to correct this in the future is to purchase another pack of each and duplicate this effort in the future to make two full four-gun batteries each with matching models.

I used my airbrush on the gun carriages before brush painting the metal portions and barrels. I also primed the barrels with a dark brown undercoat followed by a bronze heavy dry brush. I like the effect. These bases are slotted to allow for labeling as needed for Electronic Brigadier as well as Napoleon's Rules of War.




3 comments:

Old Nick said...

Really well done.

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Very kind. Thanks Mark.

Ed M said...

Gun matching across fig lines--I know of what you speak. The Perry gunners are superb figures, regardless.Nicely rendered.