Wednesday, October 21, 2015

British Grenadiers for AWI

This is a second unit of British grenadiers for my AWI collection. When I used Volley & Bayonet for AWI, I only needed three bases of Grenadiers as each represented a unit. Now that I use two or three bases per unit I need more Grenadiers for several scenarios, including Monmouth Courthouse, which I'm working on currently.

My existing unit I painted way back in 2005 or so and although they've been shown in many game photographs, they were never featured on the blog specifically as a unit. These figures I purchased painted from Gajo Miniatures. I've been very happy in the past with their quality seven 15mm Napoleonic figures so I gave these a try. I think they're definitely worth the money and Chris at Gajo always provides very good customer service. I'm not positive, but the figures appear to be Old Glory or Foundry. They're very compatible with the figures I already have which is a mix of those two mostly.

The basing features some new grass tufts I'm trying out from Leadbear's Tufts. Although ordering these from overseas is more work, so far I'm very happy with his products and customer service. Also on the bases are some Woodland Scenics foliage clumps and some scratch-made rocks that I make using painted cork bits. The latter may eventually end up being a small how-to article here on the blog if there is interest.

This brings my total number of painted 28mm figures purchased this year to 179. That's three more than the 176 I've painted myself. It's my goal each year to paint at least as many figures as I buy painted. That means I have some catching up to do. Next up on the painting table, thirty Austrian Grenzers for the Napoleonic period which should do nicely to put me back into the black.







2 comments:

Scott MacPhee said...

Good looking troops!

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

A very fine looking regiment!

Christopher