Monday, December 31, 2018

2018 Year In Review

2018 was a better year for gaming for me than 2017. I was able to return to my normal allotment of hobby time and enjoyed the hobby immensely this year. The title picture for this post is my massive terrain project, the Salerno Tobacco Factory - part of our club's Operation Avalanche game day this year. the complex includes seven scratch-built factory buildings, five ruined buildings, customized Pegasus Hobbies craters, and a scratch-built road. Other terrain items created this year were another scratch-built WWII bunker and another European Town House for WWII.









Painting totals were also up over last year's effort and back closer to my usual annual averages. 28mm Figures were mostly Saga Crusades figures for my Eastern Princes force, but also included a significant amount of Luftwaffe Field Division troops (43) and various support teams for my British and German WWII armies (62). Finally I also painted up some Napoleonic figures for my Austrian army, four more artillery pieces and some Grenzer command stands.  28mm armor completed this year consisted of three British and six German armor pieces. The latter all but finishes up my German WWII army.

Purchased painted figures and vehicles both totaled much less than I painted. Figures were primarily Napoleonics and vehicles were a mix of German and British armor.

Totals for this year are as follows:

  • Painted 28mm figures: 183
  • Painted 28mm vehicles: 9
  • Terrain/Misc created: 59
  • Purchased painted 28mm figures: 60
  • Purchased painted 28mm vehicles: 3
  • Games Hosted: 6
  • Games Played: 15

Goals for 2019 are to paint the remaining single motorcycle to complete my German WWII army, finish up my Eastern Princes Saga army and start a Militates Christie force. I would also very much like to start working on expanding my French Napoleonic infantry so I can host some Napoleonic Electronic Brigadier games this year.

Here's hoping that each of you have a happy 2019. May your dice always roll well....

2 comments:

Ed M said...

A splendid year in gaming and blogging, AJ. Always a pleasure checking in on your blog. Looking forward to 2019. Happy New Year!

Mark Decoteau said...

AJ,

It has been a pleasure to check in on your Blog during the year. You provide some real inspiration for me to get off my dead butt and do some painting and terrain building.

You produced some really impressive stuff this year! My favorites this year have to be your scratch built German WWII vehicles and that awesome Tobacco Factory!

Well done!

Mark